amtrak's greatest train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Haithcoat said:
creddick said:
I'll let you know in a few months. In September, we're riding the Blue Water, Empire Builder, and Cascades. I have ridden the International, Pioneer, CZ, Empire Builder, City of New Orleans, Twilight Limited (pre Wolverine) amd Wolverine. I have also ridden, in my days, Santa Fe, NYC, SP, L&N, Grand Trunk, Canadian National, Canadian Pacific (train 1, the Canadian), and VIA. All good trains. EB has to be one of the best.

What L&N trains did you ride?
I don't know. Probably some no names. I was pretty young when i lived in Louisville. My dad used to take me on some short business trips with him. This was probably around 1950.

I've only ridden on 3 routes ever. Empire Builder (both PDX & SEA) and the Cascades. I'll have to say that the Cascades get my vote. It's such a beautiful train, both inside and out. Great food, the Ivar's clam Chowder was spectacular. Very quiet car I was in, could take in the scenery, which was gorgeous. Wondeful video system, can keep track of where we are thanks to the GPS system on board. Did get a coach seat, which was rather cramped. Next time, I'll ride by Business Class. But overall, an very pleasant ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back