Amtrak train strikes, kills pedestrian near Pontiac Illinois

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy

Service Attendant
Train name not mentioned - I'd assume it would have been a Lincoln Service do to the number of passengers mentioned in the article. I'd assume this is close to the general area where certain Amtrak trains are allowed to travel at 110 MPH.

Amtrak train strikes, kills pedestrian at Pontiac

Pedestrian struck, killed by train near Pontiac

Amtrak train bound for St. Louis hits, kills pedestrian in central Illinois

An event from last month - driver was stuck between gates.

Woman injured after Amtrak train hits station wagon in Riverside

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see that the correct term "tresspasser" was used in the first article.

I'm in Pontiac at least once a month and am always looking at the fencing on both sides of the rails. It looks like it's new and it extends way past the intersections; much further than you'd think necessary. It will be interesting to see if he was at an intersection or if he was further down the rail, where the fencing is.

New fencing and other crossing upgrades will be seen more along that whole route or at least should be over the next few years. Along with many other changes.

Honestly I'm surprised we don't see more of this. Just from what I have seen while traveling. Even some rail fans from I've seen online get what I would consider to close for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back