Amtrak Texas Eagle question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi community, tomorrow I am taking Amtrak train 21, to Austin from Dallas in a sleeping car. I am an avid Railfan and enjoy being up front in the transdorm. A few weeks ago I saw the transdorm up front and the sleeping car in the rear. I like being up front to hear the horn better, my question is, my particular train isn't connecting as 421 to LA, does anyone know if right now the standard sleeping car is still in the rear? If so, I'll try to switch it.

The short answer is No!

Since you're on #21, the Revenue Sleeper will be on the front behind the Transdorm and in front of the CCC (Diner).

If you were on the #421 Sleeper it would be on the rear most of the time behind the #421 Coach, and both would be cutout and switched in SAS to #1.(except when it isn't,since it's Amtrak!)

In that case the #21 Sleeper is the Transdorm up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi community, tomorrow I am taking Amtrak train 21, to Austin from Dallas in a sleeping car. I am an avid Railfan and enjoy being up front in the transdorm. A few weeks ago I saw the transdorm up front and the sleeping car in the rear. I like being up front to hear the horn better, my question is, my particular train isn't connecting as 421 to LA, does anyone know if right now the standard sleeping car is still in the rear? If so, I'll try to switch it.
What car will you be in? I just came from CHI a few weeks back so the consist may be the same.

Not sure that's correct-I've been on both 21, AND 421, in the regular sleeper-There is only 1, regardless of train number. They tend to put the sleeper on the rear in the summer for some reason, and on the head behind transdorm in winter. But in my experience, what train number you're booked on is irrelevant, it's the same car, with the exception they will sell additional roomettes for 21. Which is why you can get a bedroom, on both 21, and 421-since there is no bedrooms in the transdorm, the train # is pretty irrelevant. But, as with all things Amtrak, your experience may vary....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back