Amtrak store

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been in the GJ store but the one in Glenwood Springs has a lot of train merchandise.

Also the Amtrak staff make an announcement letting passengers know about the store.
There's only time to go into the store if the train is running early, right? Otherwise it's load and go, right?
Grand Junction is a smoke/fresh air break. There is plenty of time afforded to shop. Otherwise the OBS wouldn't encourage passengers to check the store out.

I have a Cappy Sarah.... if I can ever get on the train again, I'll see if one wants a new home! I've already sent one to Wisconsin!

Also the Amtrak staff make an announcement letting passengers know about the store.
There's only time to go into the store if the train is running early, right? Otherwise it's load and go, right?
Grand Junction is a smoke/fresh air break. There is plenty of time afforded to shop. Otherwise the OBS wouldn't encourage passengers to check the store out.
Oh, thanks. The timetable only shows a departure time (instead of separate arrival and departure times) so I wasn't aware that there is a planned extra-long dwell time there. Sounds like the smoke breaks are informal and you have to listen for the announcements to know if any particular stop will be a smoke break (besides of the course the stops that are listed in the timetable with separate arrival and departure times).

What is a Cappy Sarah, please?
It's a cartoon character of an anthropomorphic Capitol Corridor locomotive. There's a plush version sold onboard - the only souvenirs sold on Capitol Corridor. There are a series of promotional photos where the plush doll has been used to show where Capitol Corridor goes.

CapitolCorridorCappy.jpg

What is a Cappy Sarah, please?
Thanks for the cite and explanation, AmtrakBlue and BCL. I had seen the picture, but I didn't realize there should have been a comma between Cappy and Sarah. Sometimes I suffer from a lack of imagination.

I got myself the wheel bag last month and when I was checking out, the gal said they will have more items, and a larger store down the road. I should of asked her where it would be as the space there was limited.

I got myself the wheel bag last month and when I was checking out, the gal said they will have more items, and a larger store down the road. I should of asked her where it would be as the space there was limited.
I think I heard when passenger services moves, the store will be expanding into the open spot.

Grand Junction is a longer stop because it is both a crew change point and a trash drop-off point. I've also seen the sining car get water for its tanks there many times.

That store sells a three-volume guidebook to the CZ route. Yours truly has two personal photos of the Sacramento River rr bridge (incl with the bridge opened for boat traffic) published in volume 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back