Amtrak Status Maps - Cancellations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of distinguishing between cancellations and the dreaded service disruptions.

At this time things are working - sort of. The solari boards aren't being updated correctly, but I hope to have that fixed today. The alerts and maps seems to be working reasonably well, but there are still some rough edges to smooth out.

jb

The Guide: http://www.dixielandsoftware.com/Amtrak/guide/

I noticed! Thanks for the effort. It is really helpful.

I also noticed that trains that are partially cancelled like 91 still continue to be hard to distinguish. But one can do only so much with the information that is available. Thanks again.

I also noticed that trains that are partially cancelled like 91 still continue to be hard to distinguish. But one can do only so much with the information that is available. Thanks again.
The partial cancellations was really the thing that drove this change. I got tired of trying to adjust things by hand. Such a train will spend only part of its time in the penalty box. The part of its schedule which is still viable will cause it to be placed on the map correctly. 91(12) is a special case where it started out as a cancellation and ended up as a service disruption. So it spent all of its time in the penalty box, first as yellow and then as red.

jb

Your status maps and boards are very much appreciated. When I am taking a train, I have my family members monitor them to know when to meet me at a station. Well done!

First time I have ever seen the entire southeastern USA without a train running on the status map. Someone should screen-shoot this image for inclusion in the remake of "On The Beach".

Keep up the good work. They provide a quick, easy visual for checking on my train. When I see red in a strange part of the route I know the train is seriously delayed and carefully monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back