AMTRAK Silver Service Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, still considered new here. I was thinking of modelling Tri-Rail and while going through some pictures from the net, noticed the Silver Service trains use the same route as Tri-Rail. So i have a few questions which i hope you'll can help me out with.

Q

1. What kinda coach does Silver Star and Silver Meteor use?

2. Do they still use Phase III livery for the P42 locomotives?

3. What are the consist of Silver Star and Silver Meteor?

Any help would be appreciated. If you dont have the answer, please do point me to any websites you know. Thanks. :)

Welcome! Here is a Railpictures photo, this is from July 2007, for the Silve Meteor, P097 southbound

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?...3844&nseq=8

Shows livery and the consist, which that day was two p42, a baggage, two viewliners, a diner, a cafe, and four coaches. That seems to be a roughly typical consist, they may have two or three sleepers, and three or four coaches, on 97/98/91/92. I live a little north of Orlando, and I do listen to the DD that is nearby, which gives me a length and axle count, and a typical axle count is 44 or 48, for those trains, which usually indicates a consist with either two or three sleepers and the rest of the consist as pictured.

Hey guys, still considered new here. I was thinking of modelling Tri-Rail and while going through some pictures from the net, noticed the Silver Service trains use the same route as Tri-Rail. So i have a few questions which i hope you'll can help me out with.
Q

1. What kinda coach does Silver Star and Silver Meteor use?

2. Do they still use Phase III livery for the P42 locomotives?

3. What are the consist of Silver Star and Silver Meteor?

Any help would be appreciated. If you dont have the answer, please do point me to any websites you know. Thanks. :)
1) The Silver Service trains use Amfleet II Coaches.

2) AFAIK there are no P42's in Phase III left. As pictured in AmtrakWPK's link, all P42's are now in Phase Vb, with the low red safety stripe along the bottom.

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, only Walthers make Viewliners and Amfleet 2 coaches and they are have been discontinued. Are there any pics of the diner and lounger on the net? It's very hard to find pictures of Silver service rolling stock, most of the time it's the pic of the loco. Also does any manufacture make any P42 in the Phase V livery?

Back