Amtrak Service Standards Revision 7, effective 12:01am Oct. 30 2012

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are non-Amtrak people called?
Boring. :p If train fans are foamers, then are non-train fans gels?
Love it!! :hi: I was trying to think of an antonym for "foam," but couldn't. "Gels" is perfect. :D

That's what I did on my laptop, for when I'm home. But I don't always take it on trips. I was thinking more of people needing it mid-trip.
How do you access AU when you're on a trip? Just curious.
I was thinking phone. But sometimes I also take my little netbook, sometimes Kindle Fire. However, all my train trips to date were before I knew AU existed.

What are non-Amtrak people called?
Boring. :p If train fans are foamers, then are non-train fans gels?
Love it!! :hi: I was trying to think of an antonym for "foam," but couldn't. "Gels" is perfect. :D

That's what I did on my laptop, for when I'm home. But I don't always take it on trips. I was thinking more of people needing it mid-trip.
How do you access AU when you're on a trip? Just curious.
I was thinking phone. But sometimes I also take my little netbook, sometimes Kindle Fire. However, all my train trips to date were before I knew AU existed.
I was asking because, if you take something that can hold "large" files (ex books), then you could download the manual to that and have it with you. Those who use the phone, could, I assume, add a link to the document on thier phones. It would be the same as looking at AU for the info.

Interesting that the LSA is also referred to as "Dining Car Steward" in the handbook. Makes sense but some people make a big deal about it similar to the "Porter" controversy.

To non-Amtrak people, we're all weird ducks. :)
What is the term for "non-Amtrak people?" To geocachers, non-geocachers are "muggles" (it's not a derogatory term, just means they aren't aware of geocaching), and I think the Scientologists at one time referred to non-Scientologists as "wogs." What are non-Amtrak people called?
Infidels! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back