amtrak service halted Amtrak passenger train service between Eugene, O

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the press release from Amtrak:

Amtrak Service in the Pacific Northwest Disrupted Due to Mudslides
December 3, 2007

6:30 am PDT

Amtrak service in the Pacific Northwest has been suspended today due to mudslides blocking the railroad in the area.

Train service on the Cascades service (Eugene - Portland - Seattle - Vancouver, BC) has been cancelled with alternate transportation provided to all station stops.

In addition, service on the Coast Starlight will terminate at Eugene with alternate transportation provided between Eugene and Seattle.

The Empire Builder will terminate at Everett with alternate transportation provided between Everett and Seattle.

It is expected that the service disruption will continue through tomorrow, Tuesday, December 4.

Amtrak apologizes for any inconvenience. Passengers may call 800-USA-RAIL or visit Amtrak.com for additional information and train status updates.

This information is correct as of the date and time above and will be updated as needed.
The full press release can also be found here.

well, i wish them the best right now because the tracks are still under about 4 feet of water. i hope everything is back to normal soon though, i will be on the coast starlight here in a few days and i hate having to take busses

well, i wish them the best right now because the tracks are still under about 4 feet of water. i hope everything is back to normal soon though, i will be on the coast starlight here in a few days and i hate having to take busses
This morning I5 is closed between Portland and Seattle so no bus service either.

I5 CLOSED NW weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently they've been turning the EB somewhere east of Seattle and Portland. Check out this photo from Railpictures.net
Only the Seattle section of the EB is terminating short of its usual destination, at Wenatchee. The Porland section AFAIK has been operating normally all the way to Portland. At least that is what Amtrak.com is reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back