Amtrak Reservation System Recommendation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
As you know sleeper rates change based on availability, day of week, time of year etc. Why not have a way to search reservations not by date but by lowest fare during a specific time range. This would allow someone without a set date for a vacation to find the best rate without checking multiple dates.

I know Orbitz has a system like this in place, so does Song. It shouldn't be too hard to do, but at this point Amtrak has larger things on their plate. Not much point in installing a system to be used if it's only going to be used for 3 months.

Via Rail's website allows a little more flexiblity in that respect. But you still have to have the dates. But it is nice to be able to see if there are any discounted tickets, rooms, etc. The last time I check was about two years ago, and I would suppose they still would be the same or similar. Unless like Amtrak they change every day! LOL :lol: OBS...

Amtrak's reservation system has gotten better for coach fares in the same market. It's easy to see now that taking one train is vastly cheaper than taking another.

Back