Amtrak Regional derailment at Mansfield MA on the NEC

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by jis, Jun 23, 2014.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jun 25, 2014 #26

George Harris

G

George Harris

Conductor

On one occasion, time and place I will skip, an ambulance was called for one of my sons. I got up front with the driver and could smell that he had been drinking. If I had had any idea of the location of the hospital, he would have been sitting in the street and I would have been driving. Sometimes choices can be limited. Let's say I did not see a practical alternative.

Being over 30 does not necessarily equal mature and intelligent. I know a college educated man of about 55 who thinks that bar fights are fun. He is NOT a friend.

A joke from a friend of one of my children: "When my time comes, I hope to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, rather than screaming in fear like his passengers."

2. Jun 25, 2014 #27

SarahZ

SarahZ

SarahZ

Conductor

No, age does not always equal maturity, but I combined it with the fact they ARE mature and intelligent. :hi: It was tossed in there as a random factoid, that's all.

I realize choices can be limited, but I wouldn't compare riding in an SUV to riding in an ambulance. If someone has a medical emergency and their only driver is drunk, they can call for an ambulance to assist that person. With an ambulance, you don't have another choice.

3. Jun 25, 2014 #28

Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Conductor

Sarah, I'd agree with you about all but one thing. I know what my friends would do. I only have three, and two of them don't drive. The one who does is an awful driver (Philly agressive) which is why I always do the driving.

If you don't know a person well enough to know what they would or would not do, they aren't a friend. And if you know they do stupid or crazy things, and you get in their car, you are at fault for what happens to yourself.

4. Jun 26, 2014 #29

SarahZ

SarahZ

SarahZ

Conductor

Fair enough. I can concede that point. :) I know none of my close friends would do something like this. Acquaintances, perhaps not. /shrug

It's moot since I or Brent always drive. ;)