Amtrak pre Employment background check

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a interview Tuesday I was wondering how long does Amtrak background test go back and does anything disqualify you from employment?

Not being currently nor having been employed by Amtrak in any capacity, but I have been interviewed twice with them, (ticket clerk positions, both times the position was cancelled a week or two after I interviewed) I can only make a reasonable guess.

I would expect that by the time they've selected 10 or fewer candidates for interview, they've already done a 'background check' which would show any criminal convictions as well as any DUI convictions. They may have done a credit check as well as these days, pre-employment credit checks are becoming more and more common. Certainly they don't want to hire conductors that have been convicted for embezzlement nor do they want anyone with a drinking or drugging history, especially as an engineer.

And as is common knowledge, these days, a significant number of those hired fail the 'urine test' which terminates their employment before they even start!

Not being currently nor having been employed by Amtrak in any capacity, but I have been interviewed twice with them, (ticket clerk positions, both times the position was cancelled a week or two after I interviewed) I can only make a reasonable guess.

I would expect that by the time they've selected 10 or fewer candidates for interview, they've already done a 'background check' which would show any criminal convictions as well as any DUI convictions. They may have done a credit check as well as these days, pre-employment credit checks are becoming more and more common. Certainly they don't want to hire conductors that have been convicted for embezzlement nor do they want anyone with a drinking or drugging history, especially as an engineer.

And as is common knowledge, these days, a significant number of those hired fail the 'urine test' which terminates their employment before they even start!
Ok thanks for responding

And as is common knowledge, these days, a significant number of those hired fail the '**** test' which terminates their employment before they even start![/QUOTE]

It honestly depends on what you are interviewing for. But in my opinion, go to the interview do your best and worry about the background check if they extend you an offer.

It's for a C&S helper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back