Amtrak Photog Suggestion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrdude

Engineer
After checking in with the local Amtrak / RR agent, and informing him/her that you are going up on the platform to take pix, you may want to "wear" your photo badge around your neck, on a chain or lanyard, so that anyone (RR police, transit police, etc.) can plainly see you are there to take pix. (As if the camera and tripod weren't a dead give-away)

What you say, no "photo ID"? Well if you have EVER worked for a local newspaper or publication as a photo stringer, or are even a free-lancer, and you have ANY photo ID like that, get it laminated, and use that.

Or make up your own, (try the internet) JUST MAKE SURE THE INFO ON IT IS 100% TRUE AND ACCURATE, so that you could not be accused of trying to impersonate someone or deceive anyone.

You will be AMAZED what a little bit of "official-dom" (the fact that you have your ID dangling from your neck) does for you.

Just don't push it too far, and follow Amtrak 's/ RR's / Transit's , first amendments rights and rules! :rolleyes:

After checking in with the local Amtrak / RR agent, and informing him/her that you are going up on the platform to take pix, you may want to "wear" your photo badge around your neck, on a chain or lanyard, so that anyone (RR police, transit police, etc.) can plainly see you are there to take pix. (As if the camera and tripod weren't a dead give-away)
What you say, no "photo ID"? Well if you have EVER worked for a local newspaper or publication as a photo stringer, or are even a free-lancer, and you have ANY photo ID like that, get it laminated, and use that.

Or make up your own, (try the internet) JUST MAKE SURE THE INFO ON IT IS 100% TRUE AND ACCURATE, so that you could not be accused of trying to impersonate someone or deceive anyone.

You will be AMAZED what a little bit of "official-dom" (the fact that you have your ID dangling from your neck) does for you.

Just don't push it too far, and follow Amtrak 's/ RR's / Transit's , first amendments rights and rules! :rolleyes:
Maybe someone could design an Amtrak Unlimited Forum ID we could then attach our photo to it and hang it around our neck. We all wear ID's at the Gatherings, maybe something like that would work.

I was in Berkeley Ca during the People's Park demonstrations in 69, the police had some areas cordoned off to traffic. A friend had a full size Ford station wagon, all white, with a sign on the doors saying

"OFFICIAL CAR"

Went anywhere he darn well pleased.

My ex husband worked as a maintenance man at a mental hospital while in engineering school. Found he could get in just about anywhere if he was in his work khakis with his plastic badge (no photo in those innocent days) that said Mr. XYZ, Maintenance.

I never had issues with this. Last year on my way from SEA to CHI we were somewhere LOL. I was taking photos and one of the conductors was like what are you doing. I told him, and as they called us back to the train he used his camera phone to take pic of me taking a picture of him. It was fun. I thought I was going to get in trouble, but no, he just wanted to have fun.

Though I had a press ID with me if I needed it, but I did not. I guess it helps to be a young blond female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back