Amtrak Merchandise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

opaque

Train Attendant
I see theres a store for Amtrak merchandise on their website but I was wondering if anyone knew if these things were available anywhere else, such as the lounges or on any of the trains. The lapel pins look like they'd be great presents.

Yeah, sometimes there are. I recently rode The City of New Orelans from Homewood to Chicago just to check out the new cross-country cafe. They were selling City of New Orleans t-shirts and they had postcards of those 6 cross-country train posters you see on the train.

I'm still wondering -- why is Amtrak not selling a 2008 desk calendar? :(

That is odd. I guess sales hadn't been where they wanted them to be and they were being left with a ton of stock making it economically unfeasible.

Yeah, sometimes there are. I recently rode The City of New Orelans from Homewood to Chicago just to check out the new cross-country cafe. They were selling City of New Orleans t-shirts and they had postcards of those 6 cross-country train posters you see on the train.
I wish they'd sell those postcard packs online!

I guess the on-train "sundries" are unique on the City? I've asked about the postcards on other trains, including the Cardinal with its diner-lite, and nobody's known what I'm talking about.

Does any train besides the City have its own t-shirt? (Do any trains besides the City and the Eagle have their own songs?)

Amtrak had (or a private vendor contracting with Amtrak had, I don't know which) a store in CUS just outside the Metropolitan Lounge. It was being packed in cardboard boxes, closing for good, during my layover between the Capitol and the Zephyr; one guy was happily taking last-minute sales on merchandise so he had less to pack, the other guy (whenever he saw this) said "get back to work!" to the salesguy ("work" at that point meant no more sales). Maybe it was just all the extra commotion, but they had drawn a HUGE crowd of potential customers, all of whom were vocally sad the store was going away. This was in September.

I noticed those CONO tee's in Robert's photos, and hopped to the amtrak online store to snap one up, only to see no listing :( I thought they looked really nice (not too bland and not too geeky), but I'm not about to work my way to Chicago, just so I can ride the train only to hope to get one.

If anyone is travelling the CONO on their own anytime soon, I'd be glad to paypal you for a shirt and shipping! :)

So some things are sold on the trains then? :) Good. Thanks for the information kind people :)

I'm on the Capitol Limited and California Zephyr in April so will hopefully find something!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back