Amtrak Long distance trains are in danger of being

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our elected Congressional Representatives and Senators need to hear from as many Amtrak supporters as possible. Most of them never use Amtrak except for trips on the Northeast corridor, so they have no clue as to how many people are using long distance trains and the fact that those trains are very important modes of transportation for cities and towns along the routes. I am represented by a Congressman and two Senators that have been historically opposed to any support for Amtrak. Their responses to my letters have been the same old retoric that the Department of Transportation has been using. I did notice recently that one of my Senators did vote in favor of Amtrak. Could it be because he is up for re-election in November and enough people have contacted him? We need to encourage our Representatives and Senators to provide a permanant, long term funding for Amtrak that will allow capital improvements such as new equipment, additional track capacity and incentives for the host freight railroads to allow on time performance for Amtrak. Just funding the status quo as they have for the past 35 years is not beneficial.

Here is a flier that you can print out and pass around it is already at stations.

Amtrak Trains in danger of being cut off

Amtrak Long distance trains are in danger of being pulled off by the Bush Administration

The date i have been given for the studies of what trains that are to be taken off is June 30th 2006 Then you will see the 180 day notices come out after that.

No, Amtrak Long Distance train or manned Amtrak station is safe from being pulled off or unmanned.

Now is the time to contact your elected officials and tell them to

Fund Amtrak

Keep all Long distance trains running

Keep all Manned Amtrak Ticket offices Staffed and opened

Here is a list of elected officials to contact

Senators

http://www.senate.gov/

Representatives

http://www.house.gov/

The President

Phone #(202) 456-1111

Fax #(202) 456-2461

E Mail [email protected]

US. Senate/House of Representatives

Phone #(202)-224-3121

This flier was made by Save Our Trains Mississippi/Michigan

Web site address

www.saveourtrainsmississippi.com

www.saveourtrainsmichigan.com

BNSF_1088 said:
Here is a flier that you can print out and pass around it is already at stations.

Amtrak Long distance trains are in danger of being pulled off by the Bush Administration

The date i have been given for the studies of what trains that are to be taken off is June 30th 2006 Then you will see the 180 day notices come out after that.

No, Amtrak Long Distance train or manned Amtrak station is safe from being pulled off or unmanned.

Fund Amtrak

I am having trouble finding the flyer you mention. Can you provide a direct link.

I've heard this same thing from a few other Amtrak employees and I am going to do what I can, next time I ride.

Chris

Note that the distribution of flyers or other written information at Amtrak stations and on Amtrak trains is covered by the Amtrak policy on First Amendment Activities. Basically, distribution of non-offensive material is permitted in the station, but not on station platforms or on the trains.

See the Amtrak policy here.

saxman66 said:
BNSF_1088 said:

Fund Amtrak

I am having trouble finding the flyer you mention. Can you provide a direct link.

I've heard this same thing from a few other Amtrak employees and I am going to do what I can, next time I ride.

Chris
This is the flier

Fund Amtrak

Here is a list of elected officials to contact

Senators

http://www.senate.gov/

Representatives

http://www.house.gov/

The President

Phone #(202) 456-1111

Fax #(202) 456-2461