Amtrak iPhone app - Passport feature disabled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It''ve had it since it was released to developers just after WWDC in June...

I haven't had to do any manual updates, and things do Just Work...

You can also turn them off if you prefer to control when things update.
Likewise, it's been a surprisingly stable beta (iOS7).

the auto updates are a great feature, but yes you can turn them off and rarely are you "forced" to update.

I miss the Passport check-in feature. I use it with Airlines and Amtrak in the past. So much easier than having to carry around a piece of paper. I am on the train again this friday and it looks like I'll have to print my ticket out and do it like it is 2009.

No you won't, you can still bring up your ticket in the iOS Passport app and use that.

This is the Passport area of the Amtrak App where you could "check in" at stations and earn stamps and points.

Confusing, yes, but the functionality you're talking about is still there.

No you won't, you can still bring up your ticket in the iOS Passport app and use that.

This is the Passport area of the Amtrak App where you could "check in" at stations and earn stamps and points.

Confusing, yes, but the functionality you're talking about is still there.
The Apple iOS feature for displaying bar codes for participating vendors is Passbook: similar in name to Amtrak's Passport feature.

There was another update posted yesterday although it does not indicate whether it fixed the bug that caused the passport feature to be disabled.

Amtrak_update_zps8cd4f020.jpg

There was another update posted yesterday although it does not indicate whether it fixed the bug that caused the passport feature to be disabled.
I got the impression that the passport function won't be back for a while. AFAIK, they're not even working on the problems that they have with that feature. All updates for a while will most likely only affect other areas.

I was grumping a bit when I updated my App!! Ugh!

Maybe will be a good excuse to go and do the gathering again!! hehe :giggle:

I was grumping a bit when I updated my App!! Ugh!

Maybe will be a good excuse to go and do the gathering again!! hehe :giggle:
/eye-to-eye hand motion

I was just thinking I should go back to Chicago and repeat all those trips. ;)

Hello,

I have an I-Phone 4 with the updated IOS-7, and I downloaded the Amtrak App update but unfortunately I can still not access the Passport function. In fact I can not access any of the options on the App unless I log on to my account. It is as if the App is frozen, when I place my finger on any option it does not register or do anything.

BOS-T-Time

I downloaded it too! I still have an old version from July on my computer I believe so I can revert back to that at least, but I was hoping it would be functional for my trip to Philly for the Autumn Express next week.

I downloaded it too! I still have an old version from July on my computer I believe so I can revert back to that at least, but I was hoping it would be functional for my trip to Philly for the Autumn Express next week.
I was able to revert to the May 2013 version by synching with the computer after I deleted it from my iPhone ... it had been that long since I synched. I first backed up the file, an approximate 20MB .ipa file.

If anything my kids really liked the passport feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back