AMTRAK IMPROVEMENTS!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WoodenMike

I just got my tickets for my trip to Seattle through Fed Ex, and here's what happened...

I had to order two sets, through Rail Sale, one from Grand Junction, Colorado to Sacramento, California, and a pair from SAC to Portland...

Now, I had to pay $9.00 for each set, for the overnight Fed Ex delivery. No Problem, as every time privious I have recieved two seperate packages.

Well, this time was different. Both sets of tickets were delivered in the same package! I called Amtrak, and believe it or not, I was told I would get a REFUND for $9!!!!!

I talked briefly with the nice young lady on the phone, and she said she was already seeing some GOOD CHANGES happening since David Gunn took over. Most of them in the direction to KEEP AMTRAK GOING.

It may be a small step, but $9 to me is a couple of beers and a tip in the lounge car, and a very welcome improvement in customer satisfaction and service.

I urge you all to, as I have done, call your Congressmen and Representitives in Washington and tell them to give more funding to Amtrak!

I think Mr. Gunn has the necessary smarts and savvy to get Amtrak back on track, but HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!

Let's all give it to him, and America's Passenger Railroad.

Last month (October) I had the occasion to take the Empire Builder from Chicago to Portland and return. I traveled to Portland alone and returned to Chicago (an intermediate stop for me) a week later with a sub-contractor who sometimes works for me and 200 pounds of test equipment. I booked a standard sleeper to Portland and paid for a second passenger in the standard sleeper on the return trip back to Chicago. The person occupying the bedroom with me was only on the east-bound Empire builder, while I went on to Washington, D.C. (over night in coach on the Capital Limited) and on to Raleigh, N.C. (day trip on the Piedmont). All attempts to book this trip back in late September on the Amtrak web site failed (too complicted), so I called the Amtrak agent who, after admitting it was a confusing reservation, finally made one for me. Three days before starting my trip west from Chicago, I called Amtrak to confirm everything. The agent complained that whoever made the reservation was was a “jerk or a moron,” had over-charged me about $300 for the second occupant in the bedroom on my return trip on the Empire Builder, and I was going to get the bedroom on the Empire builder for free (in both directions) for my trouble. Surprised, I asked the agent where all the generosity (about a $580 savings for me) was coming from. He replied that the “new attitude” and policies came straight from Mr. Gunn.

When i hear stuff like that, my faith in the Gunn rises....he's gonna do it . He's gonna save Amtrak...employee morale is a MAJOR step...you got good happy people they're be good to your customers, then your customers are happy..e.tcetcetcetccccc...............

When I was in Atlanta at mom's in August, I wanted to stay another week. So we called and they changed my reservation no problem whatsoever...we were happy and it didn't cost much more, I got back on in TLH instead of NOL to go west. My vacation was 100% thanks to Amtrak; I got the whole month at mom's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back