Amtrak hits car in Lakeland

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercedeslove

Lead Service Attendant
I only saw the after effect when they were reopening the crossing and Combee rd. I only live about five minutes from the accident scene. Not sure what train this was, but when I was heading to the store around 2:30ish and there was a Amtrak slowly, very slowly crossing the grade and then stopped going east bound. It stayed there for a while

I (and my boy friend) turned around and took a backroad because of the wait. No idea if this was the same train, I didn't see any damage on the engine

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/mar/20/of...collision-trai/

I only saw the after effect when they were reopening the crossing and Combee rd. I only live about five minutes from the accident scene. Not sure what train this was, but when I was heading to the store around 2:30ish and there was a Amtrak slowly, very slowly crossing the grade and then stopped going east bound. It stayed there for a while
I (and my boy friend) turned around and took a backroad because of the wait. No idea if this was the same train, I didn't see any damage on the engine

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/mar/20/of...collision-trai/
The person that got hit was very lucky that the Silver Star was going 30 mph and not 79. 5 people were very unfortunate in 2007 when they were all killed by two Amtrak trains of the same name. Both of which were two different accidents in two days. I don't know what this guy was thinking.

Hi,

The gene pool would have benefitted from a less '' lucky'' outcome....Some folks just '' don't get it''....

Meanwhile, poor Amtrak ( and related services) is rolling right along at a '' once a day vehicles collision'' for the past month or so....just doesn't seem to stop.....Can we only imagine how many head end crews have recently been traumatised by all this insane behaviour ? The spare board list must be thinning out....

Cheers

Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back