Amtrak Guest Rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I was just sent an e-mail telling that I'm "nearing Select Plus" status. I clicked on the "Select Plus" and it says that I will recieve two "coach vouchers" when I reach that milestone. Is that two tickets in coach? Is it two tickets that can be used RT for one person? Or two one-way tickets?

Those are companion vouchers, meaning that you pay for your ticket and can take someone else along for free.

Wow Everdaymatters,

When I signed up for Guest rewards, I don't ever remember seeing a notice about vouchers like that. Of course that does not mean they were not offered, I may have just missed that part. However upon reviewing the website, I don't find anything about such vouchers...so you could be right...they may have vanished.

At one point AGR used to give out coupons good for 5 bucks off in the cafe car. I can't recall if you were able to use it in the dining car, but it may have been possible.

But I don't remember ever seeing $10 certificates or coupons. And I've been in AGR almost since the day they started the program.

I know I could call AGR and probably get this answer, but that may also mean "press 1, press 2,.....our next available operator......" So can I cash in my points for a RT coach ticket and also use the companion voucher all on the same trip? :huh:

rail rookie said:
I know I could call AGR and probably get this answer, but that may also mean "press 1, press 2,.....our next available operator......" So can I cash in my points for a RT coach ticket and also use the companion voucher all on the same trip? :huh:
Probably not. However, your companion voucher should have all those rules listed somewhere.

rmadisonwi said:
rail rookie said:
I know I could call AGR and probably get this answer, but that may also mean "press 1, press 2,.....our next available operator......" So can I cash in my points for a RT coach ticket and also use the companion voucher all on the same trip?   :huh:
Probably not. However, your companion voucher should have all those rules listed somewhere.
The companion voucher is only valid with a paid ticket and I think you may not even be able to use a discounted fare. You definately cannot use points for ticket #1 and then turn in the voucher for ticket #2.

Steve4031 said:
So if I understand this correctly, when I reach 5000 guest rewards points, I will get companion vouchers.  That is a nice touch.
You need 10,000 qualifying points to get Select Plus status and receive the vouchers. Select status is 5000 points but that elite level does not receive the vouchers. Not all earned points count toward status. In general, only the base Amtrak travel points count. Extra bonus points and partner points (credit card, etc.) do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back