Amtrak goes the extra, er... mile for a happy customer.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a plane it would be the airline's fault to have let them on the fight to the wrong destination in the first place and they would be obligated to get them to their correct destination. Otherwise the FAA would get on their case in the US

On a plane it would be the airline's fault to have let them on the fight to the wrong destination in the first place and they would be obligated to get them to their correct destination. Otherwise the FAA would get on their case in the US
I'm not even sure how someone would board the wrong plane at this point, unless they're trying to do it intentionally with subterfuge. I once had a connection where two aircraft with the same airline were departing to the same destination less than an hour apart at gates across from each other. I tried to board the earlier flight without being re-ticketed and sure enough the scanning machine beeped and spat out a warning that my ticket wasn't valid for that flight.

In a different version of this, some years ago, we were southbound on the San Diegan (or perhaps it was a Pacific Surfliner) when our train struck a person who successfully committed suicide. Fortunately, we were in double-track territory and after a couple of hours, the other track was opened (our train was still being held) and the next southbound stopped next to us so we could de-train and climb aboard the other train to continue our journey. Trains the rest of the day were all behind including our return trip.

This was a Cub Scout outing and became the talk of the pack for months!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even sure how someone would board the wrong plane at this point, unless they're trying to do it intentionally with subterfuge. I once had a connection where two aircraft with the same airline were departing to the same destination less than an hour apart at gates across from each other. I tried to board the earlier flight without being re-ticketed and sure enough the scanning machine beeped and spat out a warning that my ticket wasn't valid for that flight.
It should be impossible but human ingenuity trumps all. Usually these slip ups happen when for some reason automation is turned off and manual processing of boarding passes screws something up. It has been known to happen, including on international flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back