Amtrak Gets Steamed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Plenty more where these came from, and some video. But the 10:30 p.m. return to L.A. (4.5 hours late) put me way behind on a number of fronts. Still, I wanted to give y'all at least an early sample.

I'll expand the pic album and add some detailed commentary in the days ahead.

What an experience!! I may have to invent new superlatives.

The upside of the extremely tardy return is that I now have some totally unexpected night shots of 3751 at LAUS. The silver lining!

Hope folks enjoy these few views, and the ones to follow.

Amtrak Gets Steamed

Nice pictures, Patrick. I know why the folks in the dome didn't get off for the run-bys. They paid too much to not sit in that seat all the time!

Plenty more where these came from, and some video. But the 10:30 p.m. return to L.A. (4.5 hours late) put me way behind on a number of fronts. Still, I wanted to give y'all at least an early sample.
Aloha Patrick

Nice Shots glad you had fun, That Dome car must be the one I saw in in Oakland last July. If I could only get the video back out of my computer. I would share some of what I captured. See you in 5 months :)

Mahalo

Eric

NEW! IMPROVED!!

Amtrak Gets Steamed

Lo Cal. Lo Carb. No Transfat. More Protein In Every Picture! No locomotives have been harmed in the making of this gallery. 10 out of 9 doctors recommend. Don't delay, click today!

Amtrak Gets Steamed is now complete, and fully captioned. Please don't be insulted by the nature of the comments. I know our members and guests are a pretty knowledgeable bunch, but the captions were written with a deliberate minimum of trainspeak, and a maximum of explanation, in order to make the gallery/album more accessible to the rail-challenged, e.g. my family and friends.

Next on the agenda is a full written account.

Patrick - absolutely stunning pictures. I have shared with our SWC friends and some others, too. Looking forward to your report.

Tom

Aloha Patrick

Absoultly great photo's. I have only 3 complaints.

1 My daughter did not tell me about the train

2 She didn't ride it with the granddaughter

3 I wasn't on it

Mahalo and looking to October to meet you in person

Eric

looking to October to meet you in person
Likewise, Eric! I think we should ban that MrFSS guy from the Gathering, though. I happen to know first-hand that he's bad news, and I don't think we want to be associated with his sort of riff-raff. But you didn't hear it from me.

absolutely stunning pictures.
Thanks for the kind words, Tom. Looking forward to hanging out with you again in October. I think we should ban that GG-1 guy from the Gathering, though. I hear he's bad news, and I don't think we want to be associated with his sort riff-raff. But you didn't hear it from me.

Likewise, Eric! I think we should ban that MrFSS guy from the Gathering, though. I happen to know first-hand that he's bad news, and I don't think we want to be associated with his sort of riff-raff. But you didn't hear it from me.

Thanks for the kind words, Tom. Looking forward to hanging out with you again in October. I think we should ban that GG-1 guy from the Gathering, though. I hear he's bad news, and I don't think we want to be associated with his sort riff-raff. But you didn't hear it from me.

--------------------

WhoozOn1st
Aloha

Tom do you think between us geezers we can manage a Mexican Hat Dance with a Fez? Maybe if we practice. :lol: :) :p :lol: :p

Mahalo fro a fun end to today.

Eric

--------------------

WhoozOn1st
Aloha

Tom do you think between us geezers we can manage a Mexican Hat Dance with a Fez? Maybe if we practice. :lol: :) :p :lol: :p

Mahalo fro a fun end to today.

Eric
Eric - I've met Patrick and his bark is much worse than his bite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back