Amtrak Get's Another Plug

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
I was watching my favorite show Chuck on NBC and as always LA Union is featured and in the backround are a Superliner and a Surfliner car! With the numbers in from last year at 28.7 Million and a Profit of $1.7 Billion NBC gave them a good hunk of money for this!

Amtrak, specifically the Capitol Limited, also got some advertising in "Eagle Eye." I was surprised to see it.

I was watching my favorite show Chuck on NBC and as always LA Union is featured and in the backround are a Superliner and a Surfliner car! With the numbers in from last year at 28.7 Million and a Profit of $1.7 Billion NBC gave them a good hunk of money for this!
I caught that, too. They must have filmed it in the middle of the night with just some extras playing the people walking around in the station. That, or they had to clear everyone out to shoot the scene. But, just having been there a day earlier made it fun to watch. No Union Bagel shots, though.

I couldn't tell which track number ramp they went up. The Superliner cars were a nice touch.

In Chicago there ABC ran a 30 second bit yesterday about the increase in Amtrak usage in Illinois on both the 5pm and 6pm editions. According to them, the Texas Eagle has seen the biggest rise in usage- amazing.

In Chicago there ABC ran a 30 second bit yesterday about the increase in Amtrak usage in Illinois on both the 5pm and 6pm editions. According to them, the Texas Eagle has seen the biggest rise in usage- amazing.
Ironically, The TE can be used as a commuter train between San Antonio and Austin, Dallas and fort Worth and vice-versa; the timing is great and an overnight in San Antonio is a good thing.

Ironically, The TE can be used as a commuter train between San Antonio and Austin, Dallas and fort Worth and vice-versa; the timing is great and an overnight in San Antonio is a good thing.
Wow, that's slow. 82 miles in 3 hours (average). It's good if one can work on the train (I certainly can). $15 isn't a bad deal, though the service alert about 2-6 delays would make me think twice about commuting with this train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back