Amtrak funding VS June 30th 2006 study

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between Amtrak getting the full amount of money for FY 2007 and what is going to happen after June 30th 2006.

What this means is if congress is to give Amtrak the full amount for FY 2007 we will still lose trains and stations after June 30th 2006 since this was already put into wording for the 2006 under what Amtrak has to cut .

And these cuts will kill Amtrak i have seen things happen over the last 3 weeks in Amtrak it is getting very bad i can't say what is going on but a lot of jobs are getting cut on June 30th 2006.

BNSF_1088 said:
...What this means is if congress is to give Amtrak the full amount for FY 2007 we will still lose trains and stations after June 30th 2006 since this was already put into wording for the 2006 under what Amtrak has to cut .
Since you started another post, I'll post another reply. There is NO legislative requirement in the 2006 act that trains and stations must be cut. Your statement to that effect is not accurate. The requirement is that Amtrak must show "operational efficiencies" . Now, "efficiencies" is subject to interpretation, and those may include some train cuts of poorly performing routes, but absolutely not the massive train-offs you predict, and may also include some new service on more commercially viable routes. Those are the facts as written in the law. You can look it up. Actually, I saved you the trouble. You can go back to the UTU Letter thread for the full details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back