Amtrak free Amtrak trip..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that I did make it to America, but not onto Amtrak. Not sure if it is the weather, or the Presidential Inauguration but it has proven to be a hard to get a train at a reasonable price January 09..

So visiting NYC and NOL but not by train. Flew down via Charlotte, same flight as crashed in the Hudson, mine was just two days earlier..

Last evening I was digging the saturday night scene down Bourbon Street, New Orleans. Today I heard on the news that a local woman was shot dead in a street robbery two blocks away, about the time I was in the area.

Being on a train seems safer than not, somehow..

I have a few random pics here:Local trains and streetcars, etc.

Ed B)

Hi Folks,Just a quick note to let you know that I did make it to America, but not onto Amtrak. Not sure if it is the weather, or the Presidential Inauguration but it has proven to be a hard to get a train at a reasonable price January 09..

So visiting NYC and NOL but not by train. Flew down via Charlotte, same flight as crashed in the Hudson, mine was just two days earlier..

Last evening I was digging the saturday night scene down Bourbon Street, New Orleans. Today I heard on the news that a local woman was shot dead in a street robbery two blocks away, about the time I was in the area.

Being on a train seems safer than not, somehow..

I have a few random pics here:Local trains and streetcars, etc.

Ed B)
Wow your timing was great to be just a few blocks away or a few days earlier. Hopefully your luck remains stong. Riding the train is much easier than flying. I don't mind checking in 1 hour before a train but 2 hours before a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back