Amtrak employee who cares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_G

Service Attendant
On the out trip on the CZ earlyer this month on the 7th we pulled into Elko, Nv in the middle of the night. For those who don't know Elko station is nothing more than about three phone booths strung together surounded by a chain link fence with gates. When we pulled in a young lady got off I would say in her mid 20's, the only passenger to get off. She went and sat in the tiny shelter and got out her phone. You could see her make several calls and then shake her head like nobody would answer her call. We sat there several minutes, reason may have been we were early getting into Elko and the train can't leave early unless running late. As we sat there in the middle of nowhere for quite some time a vehicle comes into the parking lot fast. Out jumps three young ladys, they start going thru the vehicle tossing things into a bag. The conductor was standing watching the show they were putting on...LOL...It looked like a three ring circus. All this time the young lady who had got off was still sitting in the shelter, I watched the conductor talk with her a couple minutes and she would just shake her head no. Meanwhile the gal's that pulled up got their act together and one got on the train. Still not moving just sitting there. Then I watched the conductor walk over across the parking lot to the vehicle the three gal's were in, two of them sitting there waiting for the train to leave I guess. The conductor talked with them a minute or so then walked back to the shelter and started taling with the gal who got off. He must have cut a deal with those two gal's sitting in the parking lot to give the one who got off a ride into town or wherever she was going.

I thought to myself that guy is looking out for the gal who would have been left alone in that shelter no telling how long till she got someone to pick her up. He even helped her carry her bag's to the vehicle and load them in the back. Came back locked the gates around the shelter and to the tracks and we started moving in a minute or so.

I didn't get a name as it was the middle of the night and the crew changed one stop down the tracks. Whoever that guy was should get a big + for customer service.

You need to send a letter or email of praise to Amtrak. Mention the train, date and town. They should be able to find out who did it. Every Attaboy helps. And no good deed should go unpunished! :giggle:

One time, we had a broken window in our motorhome while staying at a state park. The rangers came by and rigged up something to protect against the rain and allow us to drive to a place to get it fixed. I wrote a letter to the park superintendent and not only did I get a letter of thanks from him but I got a nice letter from one of the rangers who told me he had never gotten a letter of thanks for helping someone.

ALWAYS be sure that those who go above and beyond are recognized.

You need to send a letter or email of praise to Amtrak. Mention the train, date and town. They should be able to find out who did it. Every Attaboy helps. And no good deed should go unpunished! :giggle:

One time, we had a broken window in our motorhome while staying at a state park. The rangers came by and rigged up something to protect against the rain and allow us to drive to a place to get it fixed. I wrote a letter to the park superintendent and not only did I get a letter of thanks from him but I got a nice letter from one of the rangers who told me he had never gotten a letter of thanks for helping someone.

I am not sure if the higher up's at Amtrak would look at this in the same way we do, we sat in that station at least a half hour while he got things worked out. I sure don't want to send off a letter and get that guy in trouble, might be my grandaughter someday on the train and I would want someone like him watching over her in a situation like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not sure if the higher up's at Amtrak would look at this in the same way we do, we sat in that station at least a half hour while he got things worked out. I sure don't want to send off a letter and get that guy in trouble, might be my grandaughter someday on the train and I would want someone like him watching over her in a situation like that.
Valid concern, especially if train was delayed. Employee may have not given truthful explanation on train delay report...ie may have embellished a more justifiable delay reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back