Amtrak emails

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2104

OBS Chief
I made a Northeast Regional reservation and then set up an amtrak.com account after the reservation was complete. Now, I get this exact same email every single day.

The subject is "Travel tips and info for your next trip" and part of the contents:

We're glad you recently joined our e-mail program and we hope what you've already received has been helpful. To further enhance your travel experience, we'd like to point out a few key features found on our site:
Reservation Changes

You can change a reservation at any time on Amtrak.com without incurring any change fees. Adjust dates and times of travel, or seating and sleeping accommodations with ease.

Train Amenities and Route Information

With different options available on each route, Amtrak trains offer a variety of amenities to make your travel more comfortable, convenient and connected than ever.

WiFi service and outlets

Dining options

Sleepers and room amenities

Have a specific route in mind? See more details.

Trip Planning Information

From boarding to riding to pre-departure checklists, you'll find useful information and travel tips on Amtrak.com to make your trip more convenient, more efficient, and more enjoyable.

Station and boarding information

What to expect onboard

Baggage and Pet Policies

Pre-departure checklist

And as always, you'll continue to receive e-mails just like this with helpful information from Amtrak.com. We're happy to have you onboard.

I made a Northeast Regional reservation and then set up an amtrak.com account after the reservation was complete. Now, I get this exact same email every single day.

The subject is "Travel tips and info for your next trip" and part of the contents:
Aloha

The repeats may be how your E-mail client(program) is configured. You may be leaving the original on the server so that each time you check your mail it is resent. I have mine set up for multiple computer log in and if I forget to correctly mark a message it gets resent.

Usually I receive no more that 2 Amtrak promo messages a month.

Hope this helped

Aloha

The repeats may be how your E-mail client(program) is configured. You may be leaving the original on the server so that each time you check your mail it is resent. I have mine set up for multiple computer log in and if I forget to correctly mark a message it gets resent.

Hope this helped
I don't think that's the problem, as Outlook checks every 10 minutes and I only get the email once a day. And it is set to delete on Gmail as soon as it's downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha

Hope this helped
I don't think that's the problem, as Outlook checks every 10 minutes and I only get the email once a day. And it is set to delete on Gmail as soon as it's downloaded.
Aloha

Could still be related. I don't have automatic E-mail check, but do check multiple times a day. And if I forget to mark a message "delete from server" it get redelivered 24 hours later. So may or may not be the same.

Aloha

Have you contacted Amtrak? Sometimes these things get hung up and need to be manually cleared. Once upon a time I ordered a pack of deposit envelopes from USAA (back in the good old days when you had to mail them checks). I got a pack of them in the mail every day or every other day for a week until I finally called them. Seems my request was getting filled, but not cleared, so when the next day came, another set got sent out.

This sounds a lot like that, it should be pretty easy for the right person to fix. Now getting to the right person? Maybe not so easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back