Amtrak e-mail address for reporting problems?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue in KY

Service Attendant
Just back from our maiden two-week train trip, and I've searched everywhere for the e-mail address I know I've seen here for a Customer Service management name to report train problems to. Can't find it -- help, anyone?

Everything went reasonably well except for the Coast Starlight Train 14 Bedroom/Sleeping Car From Hell on March 15-16 (no heat, no toilets), about which both our sleeping car attendant and the PPC attendant told us to "contact someone in management at Amtrak to complain."

Thanks for your help!

Just back from our maiden two-week train trip, and I've searched everywhere for the e-mail address I know I've seen here for a Customer Service management name to report train problems to. Can't find it -- help, anyone?
Everything went reasonably well except for the Coast Starlight Train 14 Bedroom/Sleeping Car From Hell on March 15-16 (no heat, no toilets), about which both our sleeping car attendant and the PPC attendant told us to "contact someone in management at Amtrak to complain."

Thanks for your help!
On the Amtrak website at the top right there is a contact us link that will take you to a form you can fill out to report what you need to say. You can also fill out a survey to win a prize!

On the Amtrak website at the top right there is a contact us link that will take you to a form you can fill out to report what you need to say. You can also fill out a survey to win a prize!
Thanks, Tom -- yes, I've already filled out the survey, on all the trains we took, but I was hoping for a named person I could address, rather than the generic "contact us" form.

Thanks, Tom -- yes, I've already filled out the survey, on all the trains we took, but I was hoping for a named person I could address, rather than the generic "contact us" form.
Like you, I think I have heard someone mention there is an email address, but I can't find it either. Consider calling the 800 number and asking for customer service. I'm told they will listen to you and perhaps offer a voucher for future travel.

Like you, I think I have heard someone mention there is an email address, but I can't find it either. Consider calling the 800 number and asking for customer service. I'm told they will listen to you and perhaps offer a voucher for future travel.
Thanks again -- I'm pretty sure it was Alan who gave the e-mail address; I thought he'd pinned it somewhere, but I can't find it. Perhaps he'll happen along and notice my message.

I did (at length! :) ) fill out the online form; if I don't hear from someone within a day or so, I'll call the 800 number. The Coast Starlight assistant conductor and the other two staff members all seemed confident we'd get a voucher for that much discomfort.

Thanks again -- I'm pretty sure it was Alan who gave the e-mail address; I thought he'd pinned it somewhere, but I can't find it. Perhaps he'll happen along and notice my message.
I haven't posted any email addys for a direct customer service person. Frankly I'm not even sure that I'd let one stay up if it referenced someone specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back