Amtrak "Contact Us" web form

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerRock

Engineer
Out of curiosity has anyone ever got an actual response from submitting stuff to the Amtrak Contact Us page? Personally I have tried it numerous times and only ever got the automated response. Is there some other email one can write to to get a response?

peter

I agree with Crescent.....just dial 1800 USA RAIL (872-1245)...........but I always get a response. I have a feeling they are probably tied up with answering emails about the landslide or something.......who knows!!!! The folks on the phone have always been very helpful!!!!

MStrain

I emailed them through the "Contact Us" form yesterday afternoon about the "Review your profile" email that has been discussed here. I got the automated response almost immediately and this morning there was an email from Amtrak Customer Service waiting in my inbox answering my question.

The "Review your profile" email is legit, by the way.

Dear Richard:
Thank you for contacting us.

The way Amtrak customers log-on is changing in a few weeks. Your e-mail address will be used instead of a User ID. No action is required at this time, an e-mail was sent to advise you of this upcoming change and to verify the information in your profile is accurate.

Sincerely,

Arletta

Amtrak Customer Service

I wish I had as good of luck. I inquired about eliminating Slidell as a "flag" stop and making it a regular stop on the Crescent because the passenger load factor, at Slidell, has picked up dramatically since hurricane Katrina. What do I get? A very wordy pitch, very obviously a canned response, about how many towns Amtrak serves and they'll take into account my request for service. Didn't make a lick of sense since Slidell has had service since Amtrak took over the Crescent in the late '70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back