amtrak.com nuances

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy 118

Train Attendant
I've noticed today that when I try to get tickets from amtrak.com for 371(11) and 370(11) that its quoting me 30/each way. Now when my gf does the same thing she gets a total of 21/ea way. So I wonder if they've noticed that i've bought tickets from them before, and therefore quote me a higher rate?

I've noticed today that when I try to get tickets from amtrak.com for 371(11) and 370(11) that its quoting me 30/each way. Now when my gf does the same thing she gets a total of 21/ea way. So I wonder if they've noticed that i've bought tickets from them before, and therefore quote me a higher rate?
Which days and end points?

I think someone is confused about what they're entering. What would be the benefit of charging frequent users more money in this context? How exactly would they track any of this if you don't even need to be logged in to get a ticket price? Cookies? IP Address? The only time I've experienced any variances was between the online site and the call center, but that's not due to who I am or how many tickets I've purchased in the past. Without more information to go on my only guess is that you or your girlfriend is entering something that the other is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back