Amtrak Coach Cleaner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Long time applier to amtrak positions and figured id ask here after all these years.
So I apply to the amtrak coach cleaner position when I see it open and haven't heard anything, ever. Anyways I remain hopeful and apply every chance I get, not only to this position but trackman/ helper titles as well.
Also I wonder what this position pays since I never see any salary posted. I know its union but the website has no info on salaries or benefits. If anyone knows what the starting rate/ cap is that would be greatly appreciated .

The coach cleaner stars $18/hr to $20/hr depending on location. it's union yes but they will give you exact salary and all info once you are hired.

thank you for your response. Its very hard to find these details as important as they are. A cap rate would be helpful to people thinking about switching industries.

The coach cleaner stars $18/hr to $20/hr depending on location. it's union yes but they will give you exact salary and all info once you are hired.

Wages don’t fluctuate by locale.

thank you for your response. Its very hard to find these details as important as they are. A cap rate would be helpful to people thinking about switching industries.

It will be a decent wage, and is good for getting yourself in the door. I don’t know what starting wages are like for coach cleaners anymore, but I would suspect it is $20-21. Most crafts start at 75% off the full pay rate, and climb to 100% over 5 years. (SA/TA are unfortunate…they take 10 years.)

Back