Amtrak Capitol Corridor Emeryville to Oakland and return

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
I will be in Emeryville Tuesday June 1 and want to take the Oakland to San Francisco Ferry to Fisherman's Wharf so I am planning to take the Capitol Corridor train from Emeryville to Oakland Jack London station and walk to the ferry terminal. To purchase ticket I had to choose certain train departure and return. Since this is an unreserved train my question is if I should miss the train I have reservation for can I get on a later train with no problem. I don't expect to have a problem with the morning train from Emeryville but I may decide to come back on an earlier ferry(or possibly later ferry). If I do, can I get on any train going the one stop Oakland to Emeryville? Even though my ticket is for a specific train number.

Incidentally, my senor value fare was only $5.65 each way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be in Emeryville Tuesday June 1 and want to take the Oakland to San Francisco Ferry to Fisherman's Wharf so I am planning to take the Capitol Corridor train from Emeryville to Oakland Jack London station and walk to the ferry terminal. To purchase ticket I had to choose certain train departure and return. Since this is an unreserved train my question is if I should miss the train I have reservation for can I get on a later train with no problem. I don't expect to have a problem with the morning train from Emeryville but I may decide to come back on an earlier ferry(or possibly later ferry). If I do, can I get on any train going the one stop Oakland to Emeryville? Even though my ticket is for a specific train number.

Incidentally, my senor value fare was only $5.65 each way.
Hmmm, seems like all they can really do is throw you off at the next station. :giggle:

The Capitol Corridor route is unreserved so yes, you can travel on a different train as long as the train you travel is on the date of the reservation or up to one year after that date. Since it sounds like you would just be taking different train on the date originally booked that should not be a problem. The ticket may not even be lifted between Oakland and Emeryville depending on what the crew has going on so if you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards member looking for points as well, be mindful of that.

The Ferry is a nice short hop from Oakland to San Francisco. I hope the weather is nice and you enjoy the ride :)

Between OKJ and EMY, I wouldn't worry much about it. You may even be able to ride a San Joaquin, which is generally reserved. Passenger loads are light between these two stations for both routes.

Talk to an agent when you get to the station. They'll let you know what you'll be able to do.

Between EMY and OKJ you will probably have to chase down a Conductor to get your ticket lifted so that you get your 100 AGR points (if you are into such things). On a ride from Berkeley to EMY I had to walk down the platform after arriving at EMY to get to the Conductor so that he could lift the ticket to get me my 100 points. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back