Amtrak Business Cars Heading West

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Conductor
Looks like President Boardman is heading to California. I caught Amtrak #5(08) this evening in Agency, Iowa and was surprised by the appearance of two of Amtrak's business cars. They are AMTK 10021 Pacific Cape and AMTK 10001 Beech Grove. Anyone know exactly where they are going?

Check out nationaltrainday.com... They are going to be on display on the West Coast.
Thank you. I see they displayed at Sacramento specifically. Interesting that they are both listed under Amtrak California equipment, and that Beech Grove is spelled as "Beechgrove."

So, is Joe Boardman not on this train then?

Boardman will be in Chicago next Thursday (May 16) to address a meeting of the Midwest High Speed Rail Association. Not sure where he is spending National Train Day.

This train was also caught leaving Ottumwa, Iowa. So it anyone wants to know what the undersides of these cars looks like, here you go:

I'd say according to this it sounds like Boardman will be in Sacramento, CA for National Train Day. I'd say I'm somewhat surprised if he is in my neck of the woods... figured he would be back east.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/24393/files/RRNTDNewsRelease2013FINAL_05_01_13.pdf

“I’m delighted to celebrate National Train Day at the California State Railroad Museum and focus

attention on why trains matter to the country, including the important national mission of Amtrak,

America’s Railroad,” said Amtrak President & CEO Joe Boardman."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back