Amtrak App update (canceling rez on Android device)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwchi

Lead Service Attendant
Well the Amtrak app on my phone (Android) just forced me to update to the new version. Ugh...hate it...but my question is, how do you CANCEL a reservation on this version? I see the little ... by the specific reservation, I touch that and it takes me to CHANGE Reservation and below that CANCEL...so I click on CANCEL thinking this will cancel the reservation but it just cancels my request to change the reservation...anyone familiar with this? Typical Amtrak iT people - can never get anything right! :-(

I tried on my APP but didnt give me access to cancel, but then I had my room changed by phone on an on-line reservation, that probably make the reservation only cancelable by phone now.

OK I finally figured it out and will leave this here (unless mods remove it) for anyone else who may have this problem.

You will see your reservation and QR code...click DETAILS...then up above the code (where it says change trip underneath) there are 2 dots. It is currently on the first dot. Click the SECOND dot and it will bring you to your payment method, delay alerts, etc. and if you scroll all the way down it will say CANCEL RESERVATION in a green bar. So intuitive! NOT!

The update corrected the inability to add additional passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

and now I tried to book another trip and it says my credit card expiration is incorrect and it is NOT...ugh...

Back