Amtrak and United

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing is, at least I have noticed that more often than not booking the Amtrak and the United legs separately you can get a significantly lower net fare.
Yup, for whatever reason, It would cost almost $400 more to book the Amtrak segment through United.
default_mad.gif

I've earned AGR miles on United flights even without the codeshare; just drop your AGR number in when booking your flight and they pay 1 mile per mile flown. Don't know if it's a bug in the system, but I'm milking it as long as I can.

I would do that too, except that for me United Mileage Plus points are way more valuable than AGR points, and the United BIS miles are even more valuable for the lifetime status that it brings with it.
Yup and those United Miles, if your an elite or Chase MP card holder gives you access to flights that the non elites do not have access to and also at the saver rate! Have been able to cash out 20K miles, which was the saver miles, during busy travel periods on 95% of the flights between the city pair I was traveling to.

Back