Amtrac Ripped Us Off

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chips mom

Tried to buy a ticket online but the trip was too close so the ticket agent on the phone told me to buy a NJ to Phl ticket on the train and then the Phl to NYC on the connecting trip at the station in Phl. Paid cash on the NJ Transit train and when we got to Phl not only was the lady rude to my daughter but she charged for the NJ to Phl ticket again!! I got ripped off. Needless to say, the phone agent never told us that the first leg of the trip was on NJ Transit, not Amtrac. We would have been standing there for days waiting for the Amtrac train to Phl, there is none.

So now I double paid for a trip to Phl, and Amtrac got money from us for a trip that we took on NJ Transit .....

Customer service is a joke. The guy was as brain dead as the ticket agents and now he is calling us a liar, saying that the Phl agent gave us a ticket (NJ to PHL AGAIN), that she never did. I wouldn't go thru all this crap for $9.50 but now it is a matter of principal. The Phl ticket agent probably kept the NJ to Phl ticket and gave it to one of her friends....

Amtrac should have at least given us our $9.50 back not to mention an apology to my daughter but instead, they called us liars, I have the receipt. So now I am going to dispute the entire purchase on my credit card, I can only imagine that it will cost Amtrac more than $9.50 to resolve the credit card dispute, so now I can see why they are loosing money and customers.

I'll drive next time. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back