Amfleet car?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pullman

Train Attendant
My Wife and I rode on Regional 163 on Memorial Day. We rode in coach # 21084 which was the Quiet Car. My question is, it looked like an older car. The seats were an orange/brown/tan color. The overhead reading lights did not work properly. Once you turned them on, they did not turn back off. The restroom also looked aged. I am comparing this car to the other Regionals I am used to riding in.

I am not well versed in the Amtrak fleet. Would car # 21084 been an Amfleet I or Amfleet II?

Please note: This post is not a complaint! My Family loves to ride Amtrak and if we had an opportunity to ride in a more 'historic' coach then so be it!

Sincerely,

Kevin

My Wife and I rode on Regional 163 on Memorial Day. We rode in coach # 21084 which was the Quiet Car. My question is, it looked like an older car. The seats were an orange/brown/tan color. The overhead reading lights did not work properly. Once you turned them on, they did not turn back off. The restroom also looked aged. I am comparing this car to the other Regionals I am used to riding in.
I am not well versed in the Amtrak fleet. Would car # 21084 been an Amfleet I or Amfleet II?

Please note: This post is not a complaint! My Family loves to ride Amtrak and if we had an opportunity to ride in a more 'historic' coach then so be it!

Sincerely,

Kevin
21084 is an Amfleet I car. Amfleet II cars are numbered 25000-25124.

Some cars are refurbished Capstone cars. Some aren't. Yours wasn't. Personally, I like the older style.

While I'm not entirely sure based upon your post that the following was your issue, it should be noted that the overhead lights have different levels of brightness. Hit the button once and it turns on, hit it again and it dims a bit, hit it yet again, it gets even dimmer. I believe that it takes three clicks to turn it back off, although I'll admit I never really counted. But buttom line is that it takes more than one touch of the button to turn the light back off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back