American Airlines to charge for first checked bag

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate flying- I have pledged to travel Amtrak the rest of my life... but they REALLY need to fill those service gaps that's the only thing intercity airlines have going for them- little gaps in transportation.
Aloha

Without flying I can't get to the AU gathering, a bridge is not in my life time and cruises waaaaay toooo much money :huh:

Enjoy your trips.

Eric
Underwater train!

Well Hawaii is a service gap all right- but then there are the service gaps Amtrak can help... like say... Las Vegas?

I want the Desert Wind!

I want the Desert Wind!
So Do I!

I forget at the moment when I rode it to get to a convention. The next time the convention was held, Amtrak tried to put me on a bus, without saying it was a bus. The agent could not comprehend my not wanting to spend 5 hour on a "motor coach" to 50 minutes more on a direct flight.

An if I semi retire to Vegas that would be the easy way to visit the kids.

Aloha

The next time the convention was held, Amtrak tried to put me on a bus, without saying it was a bus.
On airlines they try and tell you "you're on your own" they end up saying "go to hell" then don't get why you're mad.

Seriously, was ridership that bad? Did nobody want to go to Vegas?

Even an LAX- Vegas short(er) distance train would be nice. Any connection whatsoever!

That isn't a 'motor coach'

Back