AGR points for AE posting time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
On 12/9-10, I took a couple of Regionals and an AE for a round trip ride. The Regionals posted within a week (including an AGR award trip that posted as -0- which I expected), but as of 12/25, the AE trip did not yet post! :angry:

Normally, would not be overly concerned, but this was an AE between PHL and BOS (which happens to be a "select city pair") and it was in First Class. So I should earn 750 AGR points! And since it was during the double points period, that will get me 1,500 points!

Is this normal for AE posting to take so long? (BTW, the Regionals that posted quickly were #67 of 12/9 and #67 of 12/10.) It would seem that an AE would post quickly, and #67 would be a "hurry up and wait" posting.

Southbound NEC trips always post faster than northbound trip, regardless of the type of service you rode. Anytime I come to Boston from NYP, my return trip usually posts at least 2 to 3 days before the northbound trip, sometimes longer.

That said, it usually only takes about a week to a week and a half for the Acela points to post. But I still wouldn't panic yet and you can't really call about the point or file an online missing points request for another 5 days or so. Don't worry however, the double points should still post once the trip does.

Back