AGR Point Allocation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanno

OBS Chief
I have an upcoming trip reserved on the Auto Train to SFA. I have paid for the bedroom for my wife and I, and my car, with my credit card. We both are AGR members and have used our account nos. to make the reservations. My question is.....Will the points allocated be divided equally between us or will I be awarded more because I paid for the car on my credit card? Just curious!

I moved your topic to the correct forum. :)

As for your question, unless you did something odd during the booking process, the points will not be evenly divided. Your wife will get points for the railfare that was paid for her. You'll get points for your railfare, the bedroom, and the car.

Note: You may have to eventually call AGR to get the points for the car. Because of the rule that says "no points for riding the same train on the same day twice", the computer will kick out your car's ticket as someone trying to beat the system. So generally, unless they've fixed the problem, you'll have to call AGR to get those points.

As for your question, unless you did something odd during the booking process, the points will not be evenly divided. Your wife will get points for the railfare that was paid for her. You'll get points for your railfare, the bedroom, and the car.

Note: You may have to eventually call AGR to get the points for the car. Because of the rule that says "no points for riding the same train on the same day twice", the computer will kick out your car's ticket as someone trying to beat the system. So generally, unless they've fixed the problem, you'll have to call AGR to get those points.
Alan,

Thanks for moving my post. I'm relatively new to this forum and discovered the AGR forum a little late. Also, thanks for the answer to my question.

Alan,

Thanks for moving my post. I'm relatively new to this forum and discovered the AGR forum a little late. Also, thanks for the answer to my question.

To further clarify, whoever's name shows up first on the reservation gets the points for the room and car. So if your wife's name is listed first on the reservation she will get the extra points, even if it was paid on your credit card and not hers.

To further clarify, whoever's name shows up first on the reservation gets the points for the room and car. So if your wife's name is listed first on the reservation she will get the extra points, even if it was paid on your credit card and not hers.
This is good to know! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back