AGR credit card

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantsFan

Service Attendant
So I recently got my AGR credit card ... and under my AGR account, under recent transactions, it says "Chase 1st Use Bonus Premium (1 of 2)" ...

What do I need to do to get the 2nd part?
help.gif

Thanks!

I'm nor exactly sure what you meant by "1 of 2", but the way the bonus points for the first use works is that Chase pays a portion of them and AGR pays a portion of them.

Using 6,000 bonus points as an example, there will be 2 separate entries:

1. Bonus points from Chase = 3,000 points
  2. Bonus points from AGR = 3,000 points

So this could be the reason for the "1 or 2"!
wink.gif
And they usually post the same day!

Actually I believe that there is currently a promotion that pays out X points upon your first purchase with the new card, much like has always been the case. However, if you then purchase Y dollars within 2 or 3 months on the new credit card, you'll get an additional bonus of Z points.

Well, my situation is weird. I applied for one a long time ago, maybe last year, and never heard anything back ... I thought maybe something happened and they lost my application. Then, just a few weeks ago I get a flyer in the mail saying I havn't used my AGR credit card in a while, and I will get 500 bonus points when I spend over $100. So I called them up and told them I never got any card, and they said they sent out the card ... and nothing was ever charged on it. So they cancel the old one and a week later I get my new card and use it to get a few things.

So ... after I checked my AGR account i have 8,000 points (first use part 1/2), and 500 points for spending over $100.

Im not really sure what promotion im in here.... Ill keep using it as my primary card and hopefully part 2/2 shows up there soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my card about a month ago (early December), and I have yet to see any of the points show up. Now, to be fair, my first bill was a whopping $7 (the main reason being that for some reason, the billing period ended the day after I got the card), but the next one will be...a lot larger. As in orders of magnitude: We were able to offload an ugly heating bill onto it that was usually paid through a different source, among other things, not to mention my Amtrak travel out to Iowa.

Once the next bill comes in, if the points aren't inbound, I'm going to make a phone call or two. I know the site says "please allow 60-90 days for X to post", but I think it's fair to start worrying when you get towards the end of that period.

I got my card about a month ago (early December), and I have yet to see any of the points show up. Now, to be fair, my first bill was a whopping $7 (the main reason being that for some reason, the billing period ended the day after I got the card), but the next one will be...a lot larger. As in orders of magnitude: We were able to offload an ugly heating bill onto it that was usually paid through a different source, among other things, not to mention my Amtrak travel out to Iowa.

Once the next bill comes in, if the points aren't inbound, I'm going to make a phone call or two. I know the site says "please allow 60-90 days for X to post", but I think it's fair to start worrying when you get towards the end of that period.
I've had more experience with Chase credit and debit cards than I'd like to admit, and here's my take: don't bother calling them until you've received 2 bills. It sometimes takes a while for points to shake loose, and customer service representatives are always happy to trot out the time frames listed in the T & C. I will say that I've never been stiffed a point, so I would just be patient.

I've had more experience with Chase credit and debit cards than I'd like to admit, and here's my take: don't bother calling them until you've received 2 bills. It sometimes takes a while for points to shake loose, and customer service representatives are always happy to trot out the time frames listed in the T & C. I will say that I've never been stiffed a point, so I would just be patient.
Like I said, that was my plan. Of course, aren't half of the points are AGR's responsibility? That's how I understand the situation to be, and at least knocking that half free would be nice.

Edit: It's good to know that they're reliable. I'm always a bit...let's just say cautious, and I was a bit worried that such a short initial billing cycle caused me to be a bit worried that someone was playing games with terms and conditions (though I think it was because I verified the card and then used it that evening).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back