ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this thread is permanently on Level 3 :) (image from Facebook)

1069920_10203337041096838_144849743_n.jpg
That's funny!! Who said Facebook isn't funny??

Next unit should be conveyed from Siemens Monday morning.
Another Monday delivery means this list:

So, following how it's gone previously, a delivery on Monday means:

Tuesday: Leaves California on #6

Wednesday: Denver

Thursday: Chicago

Friday: Leaves Chicago on #30

Saturday: Washington D.C.

Corrections are welcome.
...should still apply.

But there's another thing: Phase IV anniversary unit AMTK 184 went west on #5 yesterday, and will arrive at Emeryville on Monday. If it gets turned right around on the next #6, it will leave Tuesday with the ACS-64. Granted, the last time 184 went to California on #5 it was put into commuter train service, but I will be keeping a close eye on this.

Has a heritage unit and an ACS-64 been on the same train before?

Last edited by a moderator:
184 will NOT be on #6 with ACS-64 #610 the same situation happened with 66 when it was on #5. If the ACS-64 gets delivered on Monday it will be on #6 with the two locomotives that picked it up from florin, CA

I guess the 610 will be the first motor made in America, the first ten that was received by Amtrak was made in Germany.

The first 10 shells were built in Germany,the rest are being built here. When the first ten motors arrived on the northeast production was to slow down to see if they needed any modifications. Now that they now what modifications needed to be done production has ramped up. Some are 3 a month and some are saying 4 a month. Trust me when I tell you these motors we be coming in very quickly.

A video I took of the ACS-64 with 184! OK, it was a really tardy train 184, not the specially painted engine.

Keystone, Acela, the Crescent and the Pennsylvanian (with an apparent 'open door policy' are included.)

The first 10 shells were built in Germany,the rest are being built here. When the first ten motors arrived on the northeast production was to slow down to see if they needed any modifications. Now that they know what modifications needed to be done production has ramped up. Some are 3 a month and some are saying 4 a month. Trust me when I tell you these motors we be coming in very quickly.

Does anyone know the status of the 610?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

It is reported that the next ACS-64 did not make it onto #6 today, and instead will leave tomorrow on #6(19). So, bump everything on the list above a day later (Friday: Chicago, Sunday: D.C., etc.) This also means that heritage unit 184 will not be teamed with an ACS-64. Instead heritage unit 822 will be leading instead. That's okay, I like Phase III paint better anyway.

A video I took of the ACS-64 with 184! OK, it was a really tardy train 184, not the specially painted engine.

Keystone, Acela, the Crescent and the Pennsylvanian (with an apparent 'open door policy' are included.)

Wow, the glare of the snow on the coach cars made me think they were Horizon coaches for a bit. Anyone else think the same thing or just me?

March 19, 2014

600: 84 turned to 193

601: 184 turned to 129

602: New York testing

610: 822-610-51 on 6(19)

Video of Amtrak #6(19) taken today in Rocklin, California by YouTube user William Hawk:

You can't see me waiving out of the railfan window!

Can one post a pic on here? I'd be happy to post one of the locos rounding some Colorado canyons.

Back