ACS-64 decided to take a day off

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
Today's 176 RNK-BOS motor decided to take a day off at Trenton today. Passengers were put on 2166 which took a 2 hour hit between PHL and MET. 184 from DC was elected to take 176's trip from NYP to BOS. To give you an idea of the temperatures here in the Philly area are well into the 90's with the humidity making it much worse making it feel like 105+.

Electric motors don't perform as well as they should in this kind of heat.

Quick update. 176 was on Track 1 and became disabled near Bristol. CETC-7 brought 2166 up behind them to take their travel. 176 had a rescue diesel hooked onto it and I don't know if 2166 reversed and went around or if they pulled 176 clear and 2166 took off behind them.

Tsk...delaying an Acela for the commoners.

I still get irritated about the day I was working 93 and we died way before Mansfield. By the time we got to NYP we were on time to run 193's schedule, almost 3 hours later than we should've been. I finally got to the hotel in DC at 10:30, when I should've been in Richmond at 8. Anyway! They let two Regionals and an Acela pass us, if I remember correctly. Ended up having a MBTA train push us (at 20mph) to Mansfield, where a rescue engine finally got to us and took over. We had no HEP for over 90 minutes when it was in the 80s out.

I still get irritated about the day I was working 93 and we died way before Mansfield. By the time we got to NYP we were on time to run 193's schedule, almost 3 hours later than we should've been. I finally got to the hotel in DC at 10:30, when I should've been in Richmond at 8. Anyway! They let two Regionals and an Acela pass us, if I remember correctly. Ended up having a MBTA train push us (at 20mph) to Mansfield, where a rescue engine finally got to us and took over. We had no HEP for over 90 minutes when it was in the 80s out.
I may have gotten a chuckle out of the entire post... Sorry bud.
default_smile.png

I may have gotten a chuckle out of the entire post... Sorry bud.
default_smile.png
Meh. That's the road for you. And CMC asked me back to back to back favors, starting with that day. Even though 93/86 is only a 2 day trip, I was gone from home for 8 nights. I slept at the lounge at crew base two nights, ended up working in the yard the day after I came back from 86. While walking through the yard I got a call from CMC asking me to work 67 that night (don't worry, I waited until I got on the train I was headed to before I called them back!).
Was a long week, but my wallet was happy.

Back