Acela in July

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read in the online train magazine news page that Amtrak thinks that it will be possible to started a limited schedule Acela service in July. I will be out that way around July 20th, and hopefully will get to try it out. :D

now trains and trains.com are usually about two months late on their news so who knows if this source is reliable.

Actually Trains.com isn't that bad since it's updated daily. The most they are ever behind is a week or so because they check their sources to see how reliable they are. Trains the magazine however is different because they have to send the entire thing off to the printer, and all that fun stuff.

While I'm always suspect of anything I find in the newsmedia, this is one story that would appear to be confirmed. Trains.com didn't break this story and in fact are probably a bit behind on it. I saw a story on this in a Boston paper over a week ago.

Addtionally the Washington Post also has this story, here's a bit of the story.

Amtrak next month will resume Acela high-speed train service, which was suspended in April because of brake problems, the railroad's chief of operations said yesterday.
The return will be gradual, with all 20 Acela trains back in service in the fall after repairs are made, William L. Crosbie said at a House Transportation Committee hearing in Washington. He didn't give a specific month.
You can view the full story here.

gswager said:
Are you going to be the first person to try out to see if the brakes are working? :ph34r:
If the Acela is running when I am out east in late July, I WILL BE ON IT! :D I will be in Washington, D.C., and would probably take a day to ride up to Boston and back. So I got my fingers crossed. :D

Back