Acela Express praised on the Howard Stern Show

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spokker

Lead Service Attendant
I won't post the audio because it's X-rated of course (Artie Lange had a really funny, sarcastic line about what you could do on the Acela that you can't do on lesser trains), but I wanted to mention that the Acela Express was talked about on Monday's Howard Stern Show. Robin Quivers and Artie Lange had great things to say about it. Here's a summary according to a web site that summarizes each and every Stern Show.

Robin said that she was on a star filled train recently. She was coming home from Baltimore and she saw Danny DeVito and his wife on the train as well as Dan. Howard asked her about taking the train and how that works. Robin said that it's great for going down to Baltimore because it doesn't take that long and it's easier than going through the airport. Robin said the train is very easy and she can read, text and e-mail on it. She takes the Acela train down there so it only takes like 2 and a half hours to get there. Artie said he's taken that train to Boston before and it is great.
Also mentioned was California's "super train," though they got all the details wrong.

Howard: One of my daughters lives in San Francisco and she knows I hate to fly. I want to go out and see her, but I'm like, all f***, I don't want to get on a plane. She told me they're building some kind of super train that's gonna go-
Robin: Yeah, but still, that's a long way to go.

Howard: Yeah, I ain't gonna do that.

Robin: Yeah, where's the tracks from here to San Francisco? [laughs]

Howard: I don't know but I was just like, how do ya... don't you have to go over water. [sarcastically]
Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back