Acela Adventure

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
so wed i took the acela FC from pvd to nyp.. only seats were singles face the opposite direction of the train was going. grrr! but oh well.. i had the omlet sausage OJ and a bloody mary..( i didnt know the meals and drinks were free).. so we are cruising along nicely until we get to stamford.. um this is yur captain speaking " we have a VERY important annoucement." ut oh here it comes.. there were branches and even a billboard on the tracks to due to bad weather..oh lovely.. anyone going to NYP.. we have arranged for you to go the rest of the way by metro north.. all NYP passengers got off the train and onto MN free.. of course this meant we were going to Grand central which was quite grand.. the weather was horrible..

return trip.. left nyp 30 min late.. (lucky i was able to wait in the club acela) and not with the "commoners".. a nice posh seat and again free soft drinks and a nice rest room..again was good cuz penn was a zoo - many late and canceled trains.. left nyp as i said 30 late, cruising along nicely until... slowly the train stop.. no hum of the air system .. ut oh.. we were south of new london.. there were branches on the track and a lightening bolt hit the over head wires.. they had to inspect the train, some guy in bos had to reset the power grid and they had to reset the trains batteries (forgive my lack of tech gargon).. after about an hour we were on our way.. if yur gonne be stuck at least it was FC.. and we had booze. for dinner i had the turkey meat loaf veggies red wine and a roll and the mixed nuts and coffee.. oh and some woman next to me "accidently" (yea sure) sat in FC with a BC ticket.. dunno how she snuck by tix checkers.. well they sent her packing back to BC.. haha.. we got to pvd an hour late or so...

As for the lady that sat in FC and had a BC ticket. The ticket checkers only check for train number and dates. They don't put you on the train just the platform. It is the LSA's duty to check FC tickets. But sometimes people just don't know the difference. Then their are people that refuse to move until the upgrade is sold to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in BC on a regional train recently when a man boarded at BWI. He had three bags plus his computer and papers. He stowed all of his stuff, sat down

then the conductor came by and saw he had a coach ticket. The passenger had to gather all of his stuff and move to coach. It took him two trips to move

all of his stuff. Too bad he got on the wrong car and had to remove himself and his luggage while the train was in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back