ABQ Question?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail Freak

Engineer
What is the bus from ABQ Airport & ABQ Amtrak Station called. ( Any details will be appreciated!)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the bus from ABQ Airport & ABQ Amtrak Station called. ( Any details will be appreciated!)
The ABQ Station is Intermodel/ Amtrak/Greyhound/Rail Runner LightRail and ABQ Transit.( City Bus)
Take Bus #250 or #50 ( Free) on Mon- Sat/ No Sunday Service.. between the Station and the Airport.Loads right out Front of Station and Downstairs by Signs @_Airport.

Hi there,

I've ridden this bus several times, since I sometimes stash my car at the airport long term parking during Amtrak trips. It goes roughly every half hour during the daytime on weekdays and once per hour on Saturday, with no Sunday service, as Jim said. The ride takes 20 minutes to half an hour. The bus stop at the airport is at the west end of the curb on the baggage claim level, which is to your left as you exit the airport building.

Taxis are available for Sunday, but obviously way more expensive than nuthin'.

The full Albuquerque city bus schedule can be found here:

http://data.cabq.gov/transit/Maps/All-wkday%20and%20wkend.pdf/

Have fun in Albuquerque!

Ainamkartma

The last bus is also awful early around 8:00pm meaning you can't connect to it from the one JetBlue nonstop from New York in either direction (it's an evening flight westbound to ABQ returning as a red eye, the plane is at the airport between 11:00pm and Midnight).

The last bus is also awful early around 8:00pm meaning you can't connect to it from the one JetBlue nonstop from New York in either direction (it's an evening flight westbound to ABQ returning as a red eye, the plane is at the airport between 11:00pm and Midnight).
So in that case, why not just stay at an airport hotel and catch the bus in the morning into town? (unless it's Sunday). Should still be in plenty of time if connecting to either Train 3 or 4.......

Uber also can be used to/from the airport (Sunport) as of about a month ago.

I use Uber ocassionally around town and find them about 60% the cost of a cab.

Have fun in Albuquerque!
How do I do that? :) The only thing I know to do is take the RailRunner to Santa Fe and back. I could stay several days if I want.

I plan to be in ABQ in April to go to an opera at the Journal Theater in the National Hispanic Cultural Center.(?....any comment about this venue?) Googlemap shows me this is somewhat south of downtown and will be awkward to get to for a Sunday matinee.

This trip will be one of my "points-burners." I'll take the Southwest Chief to Chicago and connect to the Lakeshore Ltd (my first time) to NYP to see another opera or 2. :wub:

Looks like there are a lot of people on here with knowledge about ABQ.

I have a couple of questions:

Is the Hotel Albuquerque a good place to stay? Any other suggestions.

How can I get to the Tram from Old Town or Intermodel Center?

Looks like there are a lot of people on here with knowledge about ABQ.

I have a couple of questions:

Is the Hotel Albuquerque a good place to stay? Any other suggestions.

How can I get to the Tram from Old Town or Intermodel Center?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60933-Albuquerque_New_Mexico-Hotels.html

Says it is pretty good. We stayed at the Hotel Andaluz which is a two block walk from the station. Weekend rates pretty good. Nice historic place.

If you want to go to Old Town, there is a bus right nearby that goes stops near the front of the Andaluz (ask) and goes to Rio Grande & Central by Old Town.

If you walk one block from the Andaluz to Central and stop at one of the outdoor eateries a block or two west (the pizza place was very good), you'll have a blast in the evening watching all the classic cars and low riders drive by. It's like a parade.

There is also a "ghost walk" that leaves from the Andaluz.

The next morning, walk back to the station, check your bags, then a block west to a couple of good breakfast places. We dumped the checked bag and dragged the carry-on to the restaurant.

All the buses going east along Central go to the Intermodal Center.

The Hotel Andaluz is nice, as me_little_me said, but is pricey for Albiqurque! ( which is not Santa Fe!!)

I've stayed in @ the Holiday Inn Express/Old Town several times when I used to visit, and its usually available @ a very nice price ( around $100ca nite), breakfast included!

Others I've liked are Hotel Blue on Central Ave. Under $100 night Breakfast included,and Double Tree Inn ( Hilton) on Marquette, about the same!

Plenty of other chain Hotels and Motels there, I'd just stay @ one in the area you want based on the deal offered!

Google is your friend here!

I used to live in NM for 15 years. Sadly, I never had a chance to ride on tram. I drove on the east side of the mountains. It was a very scenic since the tops of the mountain areas are "sky islands" in the desert.

Riding to the tram area from downtown ABQ is almost nil with bus. You either want to try with bike or even a taxi. The tram is located on northeast corner of ABQ in the foothills.

City bus in ABQ - most routes, including airport, short hours, worse weekends. (but even taxi AMTK-airport is $20 or less).

OTOH if you want inner city, museums, old town, university, biopark,railroad, railrunner, get a bus day pass for 2 bucks a day for 1,2,3 days. Bus routes 66 766 and the blue and green run until midnight.

Most other buses don't.

There's a lot to see and do, including the day trip to Santa Fe on the RailRunner. Did that, walked my feet off, loved it

Don't know any public transit way to get to the tramway up the Watermelon Mountain.

An evening dinner at the High Finance Restaurant, top of the tram, can be beautiful during sunset. Bring a jacket, though; it's cold at 12000 ft.

An evening dinner at the High Finance Restaurant, top of the tram, can be beautiful during sunset. Bring a jacket, though; it's cold at 12000 ft.
Also bring Money! The place is appropriately named, but the food and drinks are good, especially for a "View" place! ( they usually aren't in these kind of joints!)

Nah - I didn't think High Finance was toooo expensive. Especially after paying for a steak in the diner on the SWC!! :) But remember to add in the cost of the tram. Beautiful ride. Be sure to ride it up in daylight, down after dark. Two very different experiences. And try it in February when there is 100" of snow around the restaurant.

Sigh. I miss NM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back