ABC 15 Arizona reviews 1995 Sunset Limited sabotage derail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chief

Lead Service Attendant
Old Time Crime: Unsolved mystery, Amtrak passenger train sabotaged outside Hyder Arizona in 1995

ABC15 Arizona Phoenix station revisits October 9, 1995 Sunset Limited sabotage derailment near Hyder, AZ.

[SIZE=11pt]● [/SIZE]News video with neat aerial shots, [SIZE=11pt]●[/SIZE]VO of the mysterious man in the cowboy hat (Hey! I have a cowboy hat!).

[SIZE=11pt]● [/SIZE]Rail spikes removed and track misaligned. [SIZE=11pt]● [/SIZE]And the Sons of Ge_st_apo* taking-credit letter. [SIZE=11pt]● [/SIZE]One death, 78 injuries -- 12 severe.

This occurred six years before 9-11 during the 90s when things were a bit different. Interestingly. today's dangers may be even more realistic.

http://www.abc15.com/news/crime/old-time-crime-amtrak-passenger-train-sabotaged-outside-hyder-arizona-in-1995

(( * Word maybe censored in AU posts; display was **** so this is work_aroun_d.))

[ Of course I mentioned "Mussolini" in my last reply, so nice knowin' everybody.

It was in the "New Amtrak President on the Crescent" thread and it was hyperbole that not everyone recognized ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back