A quick trip to BOS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
On the morning of 5/10, I rode #66 from KIN to BOS and after a short turnaround #161 back to KIN. The BOGO sale on 5/10 and double AGR points didn't hurt! :lol:

After an early morning rise, I got to the KIN for the 6:32 AM departure of #66. When I checked first, it was 11 minutes late. When I checked before leaving home, it was running 6 minutes late. However, it arrived in KIN right on time.

#66 had a HHP, a combined cafe/BC (2-1 seating) and 4 refurbished Amfleet 1 coaches (with power at each pair of seats). Although #66 is the only Regional that carries checked baggage, I did not see a baggage car! (I admit that I boarded at the front, and only the loco and BC car passed me, but when I arrived at BOS, I looked back and only saw 3 more coaches - all had windows.)

We arrived at BOS on time at 7:52 - in fact a few minutes early!

After a 1 1/2 hour stay at South Station, I boarded #161 to return to KIN. The departure time said 8:40 AM, but when I looked at my cell phone, the time read 8:35! However, the time on amtrak.com showed "departed on time" and "8:40". Since it can not depart early, I'll believe my cell's time to be wrong!

#161 had an HHP, some type of BC car (in front - I was in the middle of the train), 2 coaches, a cafe car and 4 more coaches. At least the coach that I was seated in was also a refurbished Amfleet 1 coach! The return trip was uneventful, and we arrived back in KIN at 10:41 AM on time!

One thing that surprised me was that there was no special Train Day exhibits at South Station (at least while I was there) - but there was at KIN! B)

I have 1 more (short) round trip planned for 5/10. I have to get these double points while I can! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back