A perfect way to go

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the Other Mike

Lead Service Attendant
Just got word that an old model railroader and railfan friend passed away.

He was on the 2nd leg of a 3 leg trip just to ride trains. At the terminal end of the 2nd leg, his body was discovered in his roomette. After test results, his body will be shipped home for services and burial.

As everyone in our group has expressed when hearing the news, " what a perfect way to go"

As I get old I have thought about this many times but thought how sad for the crew to deal with.

To pass in my sleep being rocked by a train would be my choice but like I said, a shame for the crew.

I wonder how often this happens and we just don't hear about it ?

Probably happens on trains with the same frequency (per passenger hours in transit) as on airplanes. At least it's not dying while driving your own automobile, posssibly causing your car to crash into other people and producing even more fatalities/injuries -- which does happen rather frequently, it seems.

Makes me wonder if Amtrak is now carrying defibriliators on all of its passengers cars, as most airlines know seem to be doing on all of their airplanes.

Probably happens on trains with the same frequency (per passenger hours in transit) as on airplanes. At least it's not dying while driving your own automobile, posssibly causing your car to crash into other people and producing even more fatalities/injuries -- which does happen rather frequently, it seems.
Makes me wonder if Amtrak is now carrying defibriliators on all of its passengers cars, as most airlines know seem to be doing on all of their airplanes.
Do a google search. Apparently they are and crew receives training on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back