A Great 2010...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim G.

Service Attendant
Mrs. G. and I had a very memorable 2010. Coast to coast on Amtrak. We rode the EB, CS, CZ, TE, CL, Lincoln Service, and Michigan Services. We met friendly Amtrak employees and other riders. Not a single bad experience. What a nice way to travel!

Good to read about other's memorable train trips. What do you have planned for 2011?

We are enjoying our memories of the Raton Pass in New Mexico- one of our favorite Amtrak routes is the SWC- that was our 2010 special train trip. Planning now for the Northeast Regional and Silver Meteor in March and Flagstaff AZ on the SWC in the Fall.

What do others have planned for 2011?

I am planning at least 2 trips cross country to PDX (of course the L O N G way
laugh.gif
) and probably a few trips on AE!
smile.gif
And maybe to FL too!
tongue.gif

:hi: Happy 2011 to all My AU Friends, both met and yet to meet !(Will Rogers really did say I never met someone I didnt like, so far I can say that about AUers! :D )

I hope to ride the two Silver trains this year to complete my LD routes, go to WAS or CHI for National train Day (The Eagles roll North every day! ^_^ )and take my Annual California Dreaming and Freeloading in Sonoma Summer trip! Will wrap it up in October with some train rides to the NW (I vote for Seattle, no Marathons for me! :lol: )and depending on this years promos make point runs to get to Select Status again for 2012-2013! Wont ever make Select Plus unless Dave or one of the other Mega-Point types gives poor me some of their surplus! ;) Happy Trails to all of you wherever your trains take you in 2011!!! Jim

I'm not quite sure which ones will become finalized, or how last-minute some will become finalized, but I have so many plans for this new year. In as close to final order as I can get them for now:

January or Feburary - Day trip/points run to CHI to use the day pass I'm about to acquire for the Metro Lounge (didn't get to use the Lounge last May, I was so tired and just wanted to get to my hotel off Cumberland Blue Line that day).

March - If things go like I see it for getting off work for my trip to Boston, I will be going to NYP first, then a day or two later, going to WAS to take the Acela the whole route to BOS (an initial look gives me the combination of 111/2160 or 181/2164 as possible trains to grab).

May - National Train Day in CHI, and a few weeks later as part of my other, more traditional CHI trip, the Hiawatha round trip, and something Wolverine (round trip full route, round trip to ARB, or full route inbound, stop at ARB on the return, return to CHI next morning).

October - The next Gathering, enough said there. Intent is to take the EB at least inbound, depending again on how I get the days off work.

And of course, even though there are still no dates on it yet, one of the points runs that I've detailed and put in my signature, preferably the STL-PON-JEF-STL one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back