A BAD Amtrak trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Amtrak was a private company, they could be sued to kingdom come for their lack of ADA accommodation, but since they are a government bureaucracy, they will skate.
The bus company IS a private company. As a subcontractor for Amtrak, Amtrak can make the bus company hurt severely for this ADA violation.

Seriously, not knowing where Union Station was? Seriously? Amtrak should get a full refund for whatever they paid the bus company!
Considering all the publicity ADA issues and barrier free access has gotten over the last 30 plus years anyone that is involved in anything offering service to the public would be very aware of the issues and need for provisions involed unless they have: a: the mental capability of a cabbage, and b: have been three hills beyond the end of the last dirt road for the entire last 30 years.

Considering all the publicity ADA issues and barrier free access has gotten over the last 30 plus years anyone that is involved in anything offering service to the public would be very aware of the issues and need for provisions involed unless they have: a: the mental capability of a cabbage, and b: have been three hills beyond the end of the last dirt road for the entire last 30 years.

A little off-topic, but responding to this post: Please don't disparage those of us who live in remote, rural places. We're not necessarily out of touch. FYI: I'm writing, as usual, from my desk in my home/office way the heck up beyond the end of a dirt road.

Not sure what sort of an association you intend to make between your "a" and "b"--but you might want to consider that living in the back of beyond often requires a good bit more, not less, common sense and broad knowledge than city folks typically need. Not that I'd ever disparage city folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little off-topic, but responding to this post: Please don't disparage those of us who live in remote, rural places. We're not necessarily out of touch. FYI: I'm writing, as usual, from my desk in my home/office way the heck up beyond the end of a dirt road. Not sure what sort of an association you intend to make between your "a" and "b"--but you might want to consider that living in the back of beyond often requires a good bit more, not less, common sense and broad knowledge than city folks typically need. Not that I'd ever disparage city folks.
I think George is referring to a severe recluse or hermit as opposed to an average rural person.

Kind of like saying "living under a rock" or the like, if you follow.

Robert_Duvall_Get_Low.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back